Dip.Ac. ND, MBAcC, RSM Associate member
Pia studied Acupuncture/Traditional Chinese Medicine and Naturopathy at the College of Naturopathic Medicine (CNM) completing a three and a half year diploma course with an added eight day intensive course in the outpatient Acupuncture department (in the children’s section) of the Jiangsu Provincial Hospital of TCM, Nanjing, China.
Pia undertook two years postgraduate training as clinical supervisor at CNM and completed a two week intensive course in Tuina at Westminster University.
She has undertaken postgraduate study in Gynaecology, Fertility and Obstetrics as well as in Musculoskeletal problems.
Pia is a member of the British Acupuncture Council, the UK’s main regulating body for traditional acupuncture, she is a member of the London Child Birth Team (ACT) and associate member of the Royal Society of Medicine.
Previously Pia graduated as a pharmacist and completed a PhD in biochemistry in Zurich (Switzerland) after which she worked as a research fellow in biomedical research at Imperial College, King’s College and University College London.
Pia combines acupuncture, acupressure and Tuina (therapeutic Chinese massage), with a naturopathic approach adding advice on diet, herbal and supplementary remedies, exercise, breathing and other lifestyle aspects.
Pia has special experience in:
- Gynaecological and fertility conditions (including PCOS, endometriosis, dys- and amenorrhoea, irregular menstrual cycles, pregnancy and labour preparation)
- Musculoskeletal problems (including back pain, sciatica, hip pain, carpal tunnel)
- Psychological problems (including anxiety, panic attacks, depression, bipolar)
- Respiratory Problems (hayfever, asthma)
- Various pain syndromes (including headaches, neuropathy, painful periods)
- Insomnia/sleep problems